Friday, May 14, 2010

Ka-chunk

Picture it:

Your car is making a funny noise. It goes ka-chunk, ka-chunk every time you brake. So you make an appointment with the mechanic to get it checked out. But on the day of the appointment, you drive to the shop and your vehicle is miraculously ka-chunk free. When you try to replicate the sound for the mechanic, nada.

That's a bit how I feel. I go see the oncologist for my three-month check up this morning. Last night, I felt less gaseous than I had in weeks and many of the pains I'd been having took a hiatus. I have a few minor aches this morning, but they're not so bad.

In short, I'm cautiously hopeful everything could be okay. I want to be positive, but it's very, very hard. Fear is a crazy, controlling, draining emotion.

But unlike the situation with the mechanic, where you know something is wrong with your car that's going to cost some big bucks, I'm hoping there's nothing wrong with my body and I can go on living disease-free. Summer is coming and there are way too many enjoyable things to go.

(Fingers crossed all goes well this morning. Yes, I'm still nervous.)

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment