Saturday, August 1, 2009

Glorious sleep

I didn't get up once to wander the halls, go to the bathroom or sigh in frustration! While it took a little while to go to sleep last night, once in dreamland, I stayed there until 7 a.m. It was awesome.

I finally (sheesh, it's been two days) got some more lorazepam yesterday and was able to take an entire pill to help me sleep. I lost the pieces of paper with my prescription and then had some communication issues with the cancer clinic before I could secure another one.

I wasn't even sure I had until I talked to the pharmacist at my Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday about alternatives and he informed me someone from the cancer clinic called my prescription in. I felt the relief shining in my eyes when the pharmacist delivered that good news.

Yes, it bothers me that I need drugs to sleep soundly. But without it, I toss and turn restlessly, and my mind won't slow down. Even when I go to sleep, I experience a myriad of restless dreams to hamper its restful abilities.

Yes, it's addictive. But when I asked my oncologist about it, he indicated that's the least of my worries right now. Yeah, I guess so.

It's amazing how a good night's sleep can make a big difference in perspective - and I'm sure in healing.

So for now, I'm thankful for my lorazepam and the recuperative sleep it brings.

Enjoy your Saturday.
Tina

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend, sweety!!

    Love you lots!

    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I too am so thankful for lorazepan ... and I too can relate to your intense dreams.

    Hope you get some good rest soon.

    ReplyDelete