Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hump day

Wednesday is affectionally known as hump day. It's the middle of the traditional work week, so at noon today, it's closer to the weekend than Monday morning.

This hump day takes on a different meaning for me because I'm starting to get over some of the chemotherapy side effects. Yay! I'm climbing over the hump from the self-involved, painful fog, which is the weirdest sensation, and one I abhor. It's like I'm experiencing life, but not really participating.

I'm aware of what's going on around me, but don't have the energy or interest to participate. I feel like I'm stuck in muck and should respond (or respond differently), but can't. And I feel like I'm missing out on my life and making mistakes while in that state. Thank God it's leaving and there's only one more.

It's very hard to explain, but I'm guessing it'd be similar to being under the influence of strong drugs - some awareness, little interest. Unfortunately, mine is accompanied by pain instead of spaced-out bliss.

The out-of-body oppression, accompanying weakness and heat kept me indoors over the past couple of days. But I plan to get outside for at least a brief walk today because the breeze feels good. And I have to start getting my butt in gear to prepare for my daughter's birthday on the weekend. Good thing I'm starting to feel better.

Happy hump day,
Tina

4 comments:

  1. What impresses me is that, even when you're in the muck, you continue to write in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehehehhe - HUMP - hehehehehehehee

    :)

    ReplyDelete