Friday, September 10, 2010

It's about time

Two weeks later, I finally feel normal. Now, that's a relative term. The normal to which I'm referring is my treatment normal, defined as almost no aches and pains, a desire to be involved in social events and activities of daily life, the ability to eat whatever I crave without my stomach protesting with acid and starting the day with a good cup of coffee.

These are the days I see my friends, eagerly go to my kids' lessons, create meals, organize life and plan for the future. I love these days. I feel optimistic and productive. Unfortunately, these periods are getting shorter and shorter with each consecutive treatment. But on the bright side, I only have two more chemo treatments and then this (and even better) should become the norm.

Now that's not to say I don't feel tired or exhaust easily. I'm sure my red blood cells are dipping pretty low at this point, so I have to pay attention to my body and try not to overdo it. But that's difficult, because I want to be active during the days I feel well.

I also have to keep my friend, hand sanitizer, close to ward off the germs that could infiltrate my compromised immune system. My white blood cells should be climbing up again, but it never hurts to be cautious.

So I'm back from the chemo depths and rarin' to go. I have a busy weekend planned, starting with an eagerly-anticipated massage this afternoon. Tomorrow, we're heading to the Western Fair (a surprise for the kids) where we'll eat junk, look at displays and check out exhibits. We'll also let the kids ride until their hearts are content. I know I have to be careful of germs and exhaustion, but it'll be worth it.

On Sunday, I have a brunch date with my wonderful husband. We'll nosh and talk in the beautiful dining room of the Delta Armouries. Yum!

Once again, I'm happy to say I'm out there living life. I hope you have a great weekend too!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment