Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Check up

It's off to Hamilton this morning for my six-week check up. It's a beautiful morning and the drive should be pleasant. Best of all, I get to spend the time with my sister.

Today the vampires (oops, nurses) will draw blood for the usual plethora of tests. Then it's off to see Dr. H and C to talk about how I've been feeling. Luckily, I can say I feel pretty darn good despite some cold symptoms that started yesterday (bad germs I probably picked up at work).

I will tell them about some abdominal tenderness and weird pains I've felt a time or two under my breasts (a different side each time), but I suspect they'll consider these minor aches inconsequential and send me on my way. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

Last year at this time, I had a CT scan, which confirmed the cancer was back. Luckily, I have no fears of that right now (although, one can never be entirely sure). My next CT scan is in six weeks and I'll look forward to hearing the all clear.

As for today, I'm looking forward to getting the A-ok so I can continue to enjoy life.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment