Sunday, May 15, 2011

Warm my heart

It was cold AND wet, but Team Tina rocked the Run for Ovarian Cancer this morning. We were the top fundraising team, raising over $7,000 (and London Life generously matches $6,000 of that) for ovarian cancer research.

About 25 friends and family donned their yellow shirts and ran, walked and cheered the 5 km and 1 km routes. The rain was light when we started the run, but it was really pouring by the time Michael and I finished. Between the rain and my sweat (yup, I sweated even though it was cold), I was soaked by the time we crossed the finish line.

I have to admit, the run was really hard for me. I ran and walked - and was in the last third of the runners of the 5 k - but I did it. I have to admit, I ran more than last year, so that's an improvement. Jodi, who is nine months pregnant (her due date is today), joined me for the last few metres of the run. So we crossed the finish line together. I think she was just trying to convince the baby to come out!

Despite the cold and the rain, all those who came out in the awful weather to run with me and all those who donated to ovarian cancer research warms my heart. I am extremely thankful to everyone for all their support. And a big thank you to my dad who came out an participated in the rain, even though it is his birthday.

Tonight I rest my sore legs and feet with a smile on my face because I am a lucky woman. I'm loved by an amazing group of people.

Thank you!
Tina

2 comments:

  1. Tina, You are awesome! I am walking in a 10K this Saturday and will think of you. I'm a bit worried about making it because of the neuropathy in my feet and a few other things. This pumps me up! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I can't believe how much money you all raised! Love the impact you're making-- such an inspiration to me :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete