Monday, July 11, 2011

Awesome weekend

It was the perfect July weekend. The kind that makes you sad when it wraps up on Sunday night.

On Saturday, Michael, Tara and I met friends at Sunfest. We perused some of the booths, danced to Five Alarm Funk and the Hypnotic Brass Band, noshed on some park food and enjoyed the ambiance.

Yesterday, the entire family drove to Wallaceburg to visit my parents and relaxed under the shade of a big tree in their backyard. It was a nice visit and I enjoyed my mom's potato salad (my favourite). Then we hopped in the van for the short trek to my sister's where we spent the afternoon in her pool and hot tub, sipping cold beverages and sampling the delicious fare she set out. When we reluctantly climbed in the van at 7:30 last night, we were sunkissed, tired and full.

As a result of all the activity, I slept like the dead last night and am still tired this morning, but it was SO worth it because the weekend was full of awesomeness.

Hope yours was too.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a nice weekend, Tina. It’s weekends like those that remind us how wonderful the summer really is at rejuvenating our spirit! I hope your summer continues to be full of happy memories.

    ReplyDelete