Friday, July 15, 2011

Congratulations, it's a . . .

Imagine taking a 2 litre bottle of Coke and strapping it to your abdomen. Now take another 1 L bottle of water and add it above, below or even on your back. Now walk around, sleep and go about your daily life with all that extra fluid.

That's almost the amount that was drained from my abdominal cavity this morning. The doc drained 2,800 mL of ascities from me - and I know there's still more in there! So I'm walking around with even more of the dastardly stuff. But I do feel better. I can eat and breathe easier. Even though I still have lots of gas plaguing my belly (something about lots of fluid around my bowel producing it), I'm better, lighter and somewhat smaller. Although my ribs still hurt and my puncture site is a little sore.

On my drive home, I wondered how much 3 L of fluid would weigh and I was astounded to learn it was 3 kg or 6.6 lbs. Yikes! I just got rid of a baby. Congratulations, Tina, it's a . . . 

Luckily, I don't have to take it home.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it is over for you and you are feeling a little better - have a relaxing vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was cute, well said

    ReplyDelete