Monday, August 15, 2011

A different list

Even though it would be easy to slip back into whine and complain mode, I'm going to start the week with some positive comments by listing things I love:
  1. That my blog usually gets over 1,000 hits per week. Yes, I know that includes folks who come back multiple times to read comments, etc., but it's encouraging.
  2. My readers are near and far, familiar and unknown. A special hello to Bridget and Jill who made comments last week. I get such a lift to know people follow my journey and they're behind me. (Now, I know Blogger doesn't allow everyone to comments, and I've experienced that same issue on my blog and others I follow. I don't know how to fix it. I don't even know how to complain. But if you can't comment and want to get me a message, I'm at mtbrats@rogers.com.)
  3. Warm, humid weather (aka summer) is returning to Southerwestern Ontario this week!
  4. It's payday.
  5. My friend, Linda, is getting married in October and I attended an 80s-themed stagette on the weekend with some awesome friends.
  6. My in-laws watch the kids all summer so I don't have to worry about camps and child care.
  7. The coffee in my cup this morning is hot, sweet and just the way I like it.
  8. My daughter's soccer tournament was Saturday, which means that activity is done for the year, leaving Monday and Wednesday nights free for a few weeks.
Of course, I love all the usual things too - my family, friends, God, the medical support system, etc. But I didn't want to yammer on with the usual list but provide a different perspective this morning.

Can you identify eight different ways you're thankful? It's a good way to start a new week in mid August.

Tina

5 comments:

  1. You are right: everyone needs to focus on the people/things that they are thanful for. 8 ways/things I am thankful for:
    1. A wonderful husband that loves me.
    2. Healthy and wonderful children (and hubbie)
    3. The strength and love from God.
    4. A 40 hr a week job with weekends off. :)
    5. Wonderful pets that love me unconditional.
    6. Good friends 'in life' and through the internet that touch my life and warm my heart.
    7. Sunny warm days that aren't overly hot and humid.
    8. A much needed cruise vacation coming up in 6 weeks and 5 days (but who's counting ;)

    Thank you for getting things back in perspective for me. I hope you continue to feel better and enjoy everything that makes you happy.
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREED! here we go:
    1. God looks out for me.
    2. That I know you, and that we're friends.
    3. I have a great job that I love.
    4. My boyfriend is SO AWESOME.
    5. My friends are SO AWESOME.
    6. I am healthy enough to be training for triathlons.
    7. My parents are unbelievably good to me.
    8. Freedom. To be able to go anywhere anytime.

    Thank you so much Tina. This was totally awesome today. :) I hope that your list made you as happy as my list made me!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. o.k. I will try to find 8 things what I am thankful for:
    1. A wonderful husband who loves me how I am!
    2. A healthy son
    3. A good payed job
    4. A awsome sister who has taken my son for one week (again) this summer!
    5. I can travel where I want if I want
    6. wonderful friends
    7. That I am healthy
    8. This nice House we have rented

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Tina - It really lifted my mood when I thought about the things I am thankful for:

    1. A wonderful husband
    2. Two wonderful kids that are responsible and make my life as a mom easier :)
    3. A great job - I actually don't mind coming to work each day:)
    4. Dear friends that I know I can count on when I need them
    5. My health, I will NEVER take that for granted - my mom was diagnosed with stage IV Breast cancer :(
    6. Two trips planned and good thoughts waiting for them to get here
    7. The most wonderful brother and sister in law
    8. Good health insurance - in case I do get sick

    Hope you are feeling a little better! I love summer too!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to start the day! Here are mine

    1) Three great kids who are growing up to be really interesting individuals (hey -- is that three things to be thankful for? :)
    2) A job -- and given how unstable that situation has been for the past little while, it's no small thing.
    3) Wonderful, wonderful parents, who look out for me, even from a distance.
    4) Friends who would drop everything for me if I need them to.
    5) Health -- never to be taken for granted.
    6) OK, this one gets me in trouble, but I'm grateful anyway -- that the past week was cooler and humidity-free!
    7) The opportunity to visit with two old friends from far away this fall who I haven't seen in 15 and (gulp) 25 years.
    8)Watching the ebb and flow of the seasons as I tend my garden -- ecinacia and coneflower in full bloom this week.
    9) Bonus: Can't leave the list without adding God's love and wisdom.

    Glad you're feeling grateful this sunny day!

    Kath

    ReplyDelete