Thursday, August 18, 2011

If only

Midas' touch turned objects to gold. The miller's daughter in the story of Rumpelstiltskin could spin straw into gold. Why couldn't the fluid regularly oozing out of my body be valuable too?

Perhaps the ascities could be oil, which would cut down on my gas expenditures. Of course, the price of gold is astronomical, so why not stick with the theme of the stories and wish it were liquid gold. Then I'd have reason to celebrate its existence. Oh, the things I could do.

Since having the pigtil inserted on Aug. 2, I'd drained over 6 litres of the pinkish fluid. That could have been two trips to the hospital for draining with the giant needle. It would have been two time periods of filling, uncomfortable nights and a squished stomach.

Even though I miss the hot tub and I'd love to go for a cool, refreshing swim, I'm thankful the port helps keep the fluid build-up at bay.

Of course, if it were liquid gold . . .

Tina

1 comment:

  1. However, if your bag was filled with liquid gold.. I would FIGHT YOU for that bag!!!! Can you imagine the requests!?
    "Hey Tina, can you squirt me out a couple ounces of gold... I messed up with my wife and I need to get her a bracelet or something. Thanks."
    LOL. It'd be awesome.

    ReplyDelete