Tuesday, August 2, 2011

P-day

It's port day

Or pigtail day.

I do know, the timing is perfect (another p) because I'm ready to be drained again. Yup, in keeping with the p theme, the procedure is paracentisis.

While water certainly helps (swimming in the lake, hot tub) because it helps support the fluid and offers my body some relief, I can't stay in H2O constantly. So I'm getting incredibly uncomfortable again. The pressure on my ribs is consistent and my back whimpers in protest far too often.

As for the procedure today, I'm not too nervous because I haven't allowed myself a lot of time to think about it. I can't change it. The port and it's attached tubing and bag will help make me more comfortable. So I've been telling myself, "It is what it is, deal with it." and "Suck it up, princess, people have to deal with ports, bags, procedures and situations far worse than this one." I'm sure it will be fine, I'm just a little squeamish and there's the whole fear of the unknown.

anyway, my sister is almost here and then it's off to Hamilton we go.

Wish me luck,
Tina

2 comments: