Thursday, January 19, 2012

Little joys

I'm much better today. I started getting better both physically and mentally yesterday, and now I feel much more hopeful in several aspects of my life. Of course, it helps I've eased out of the chemo side effects. The overwhelming tiredness, lethergy and depression seems to have lifted. My mind is zinging among various thought, and I feel capable of organizing my thoughts, social life and activities. The day-to-day of life matters more now than when I'm sunk in the depths of post chemo treatment.

I also think the low-residue diet, medication adjustment and some tweaks I've done to my eating schedule are helping me physically. I'm experiencing less gas and my stomach pains have mostly diminished. I haven't thrown up in two days (whoo hoo!). While I gagged last night, I managed to keep everything in. It's amazing how much of a spirit lifter not feeling nauseous and vomiting can be.

While I'm optimistic, I'm only cautiously so, because I know health situation can turn on a dime. But it's good to celebrate when things are good. So I've got a batch of cauliflower soup simmering in my crockpot and am envisioning enjoying it with some crusty bread for lunch. Mmmmm.

I'm celebrating small victories and taking advantage of the little joys. There are lots of small, seeminlygly insignificant things in our lives and we all have to remember to acknowledge them.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment