Monday, June 27, 2011

Discombobulated

The countdown is on. In 24 hours, I'll be in the Hamilton cancer centre with radioactive juice in my system and sporting an I.V. to push even more into my veins during the CT scan. That test and the subsequent blood work will give Dr. H. the data he needs to present my options.

I have to admit, I'm feeling anxious this morning and as a result, my mind is rather scattered. The giant boa constrictor of worry wrapped itself around me about 20 minutes ago and I'm finding it difficult to breathe. My right eye is twitching too.

But I have an over-abundance of meetings today. That'll either be a good distraction or something that drives me right round the bend. My good friend also brought me a pink rose from the bush she planted for me when I was diagnosed. It's just about to open and it's beautiful. Perhaps that's a sign for good news tomorrow.

Luckily, I have the enjoyable distraction of my son's grade 8 graduation tonight. Being actively present to celebrate will help me from crawling the walls at home tonight.

As for my weekend, it was okay. Nothing spectacular, but not bad either. Michael and I went to the International Food Festival in downtown London and our family watched a couple of movies.
We cleaned the house (yuck) yesterday, so I feel better about its state. Anxiety and the feeling I should be doing something spectacular hung like a cloud over the entire two days, but what's done is done. It was quite normal. God willing, I'll continue to be able to experience normal.

Tomorrow I'll have answers. I'll let you know as soon as I know the direction of my path.

Wish me luck and maybe even a few prayers,
Tina

7 comments:

  1. Tina,
    Giant boa constrictor of worry wrapping around you, that is pretty descriptive. Good luck tomorrow. Hope you get some good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending thoughts and prayers your way, Tina.
    Hugs.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing your good news. Big Hugs!

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow for good test result outcomes. Sending positive vibes your way....stay strong.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina: Trying again to post -- hope you have a great grad night with your young man -- can't wait to see photos. But more importantly, my thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow. I have a friend who is a huge believer in angels. I've asked her to send one to you tomorrow.

    Love to you all,
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you Tina for good results tomorrow! Let us all know as soon as you can - we are all waiting with you.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prayers and every good wish. God bless

    ReplyDelete