Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Technical experiment

I'll be the first to admit I'm not technologically saavy. I can perform basic computer functions: I can manoeuver my way around Microsoft Word fairly well, understand the basics of other programs like Excel and PowerPoint, can connect a printer or new device (because the set up instructions appear automatically) and even map to a drive at work. But beyond that, I'm sadly deficient in skills.

In fact, when I accidentally perform a strange action, increasing the font on my computer screen or losing a tool bar, I need help to fix it. The fact I'm blogging is a small miracle (again, the program makes it quite easy).

So when friends mentioned they couldn't post on my blog, I didn't know what solution to suggest. Even after my test yesterday, I'm stumped.

I'm thankful for those who were able and did post a reply. I'm thrilled to know I have readers who are familiar to me and those I don't know. I'm touched people read regularly. I love the global reach of the internet, allowing me to connect with individuals in Iceland and Germany. Thank you all.

I also got emails from folks, telling me they couldn't post (including my husband). One technologically educated friend said, "I think it's a browser problem. I was using IE7. If anyone is trying to comment, they might be using IE6, which isn't supported." She then successfully posted with Firefox.

I wish I knew what that means.

I desperately wish I could help so everyone could comment, because I adore hearing from you. But I don't know what to do. I even scanned the various settings on my blog this morning, but to no avail.

So, like many people who either don't want to comment publicly, aren't set up to comment or simply can't due to technology problems, I offer the option of emailing me at: mtbrats@rogers.com.

I'm deeply touched by all you who read my blog regularly and provide me with verbal/written love and support. It truly means the world to me to know I'm not alone on this scary, emotional, enlightening, rollercoaster ride called cancer.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. ..may this help from one who can do comments.
    I click on the e.g. 0 Comments in blue right hand side the "Posted by tina at ...AM". May this helps to the others. There is no extra button to click for post a comment.

    Renate

    ReplyDelete