Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mixed results

"Good news doesn't necessarily always come in pretty packaging," says my sister, Angie.

Good news - Tumours shrunk more, physical exam was good. I feel good.

Bad news - More ascities present, Olaparib isn't working any more. In other words, cancer's coming back.

Good news - There's another clinical trial coming up in July that may be ideal for me. It's just going through ethics committee. It's a drug only, which means I should have minimal side effects and be able to continue to live my life.

I'll post more details later but those are the highlights.

Thanks for all your prayers and messages of support. You guys are amazing.

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Your sister is very wise. I'm so glad you have each other - and that you have such a huge village of support. We're all cheering, "GO TINA!" Here's to the new drug, miracles, strength and healing.
    xo
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it would have been awesome to have just GOOD news, I'm glad there is some good mixed in with the bad. There is hope in your writing, I hope you can see that amidst your disappointment.

    Lots of love, hugs and strength from me!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is disappointing but hopeful. Funny how that oxymoron represents what you have to live with regularly. I love there's hope and that you're feeling good. [Raising a glass to Tina.]
    Duane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the words "Good News" 3 times and "Bad News" only 1 time. So, there is 75% more reason to be happy today. keep stong Tina, your village will always be here for you.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read your blog. I agree completely with Jack. 75% Good News counts 3/4 more than 1/4 "Bad News". You are strong and you have a village behind you which strenghthens your back. And if this is not enough I will come over to help you personal.

    XOXO
    Renate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thankful to hear some good news - hang in there Tina!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful that you have some good news. Accentuate the positive. Rest assured of continued prayer.

    ReplyDelete