Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bad combination

Today would be the perfect day to crawl back into bed and pull the covers up over my head. It's a dark, rainy Thursday morning and I didn't get much sleep. I woke at 3 a.m. (after sleeping fitfully for a few hours) and then laid in bed fretting until about 4:45 a.m. When the alarm shrilly blared at 6 a.m., my mind and body groaned.

I'm not sleeping well because I haven't drained well over the past three days - and that worries me a great deal. After having two 700+ mL days, I've only drained between 50 and 100 mL over the past three. I  know the drug is going to dry up the fluid (look at me being positive, despite being tired), but it doesn't start happening before I start taking the pills. I'm starting to notice the bloating again and the whole situation has my mind racing. I have no idea what's going on, but my homecare nurse comes tonight so I'll plumb the depths of her experience.

In addition, the drug I'm taking to get my system moving better so the food can move out is only partially working. Bowel movements aren't as frequent as they should be and I have a lot of gas. I can feel it rolling around in my body as I try to sleep and when it comes out, man is it stinky. I feel sorry for my family and I'm anxious at work a colleague will enter my airspace at an inopportune time. But I can't help it. And as Shrek always said, "Better out than in." True, but embarassing.

So it's stinky, tired, bloated Tina who is getting ready for work today. With this combination (I'm also on a low dose of steroids to prevent vomiting, which make me bitchy), I feel sorry for us all. My apologies in advance everyone.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. I've never been more attracted to you. SO HOT. :) I promise we'd have fart contests. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping things get better. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete