Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Several starts

It's a day of firsts in the Bratscher household this morning. Today:

  • Noah starts grade 9. I'm very excited for him. I hope it will be an exciting, accepting and diverse place where he can find his niche and grow as an individual. I know we'll still have bumps along the road, and I'm a bit nervous about the transition with new teachers and supports who don't know him well, but I'm praying for the best in all ways.
  • Tara starts grade 5. It's her first year at the school without her brother, she's now part of the senior group at the school and she's excited about the new challenges. (Okay, maybe it's about seeing her friends more often.) But she's a great student and I'm sure the academics and social aspects of school will lead to her growth and development. 
  • I start the Regorafinib today. Michael and I head to Hamilton after we drop Tara off at school. I know it's going to be crazy at the cancer clinic - it always is after a long weekend - so we'll go anticipating a wait. But after my blood draw, I'll see the doc and get the drug I hope will start battling these tumours in my abdomen. I pray it works quickly and I start to feel better. It's a step in the right direction.
So it's an exciting and busy day in the Bratscher household.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. The best thing about all these "firsts" is all the possibility that comes along with them. I am hoping for wonderful things for your whole family as you go through these "firsts." Good luck to all of you!

    ReplyDelete