Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fine

Things went well in Hamilton yesterday. I got the Regorafinib and took my first dose. Hopefully, I'm now on the path to kicking this cancer's ass - again.

I take four capsules every morning, 30 minutes after a low-fat breakfast, for 21 days. Then I take seven days of before starting the cycle again.

Yesterday, Dr. H informed me two women, who were on day 14 of the drug, reported flu-like symptoms appearing around day 10. I may or may not experience those. I have no idea how long they last nor how severe they are. However, it's good to be forewarned. I'll have to keep track of all the weird symptoms I experience while I'm on this experimental drug.

Another potential - and strange side effect - of the medication is a very slow heart rate. I had an ECG about 45 minutes after popping my first four pills and the technician was surprised to see my 41 beats per minute heart rate. Holy crap! The entire 10 minutes I was connected to the machine, it hovered between 41 and 50 bpm. I left the ECG reports, along with a note, for my nurse and if there's an issue, I'm sure she'll call.

In the meantime, I continue my normal life today. I'm back at work and all that brings, and of course, the routine of school and kid activities will pick up too. While I do all those typical, daily activities, I'll pray the Regorafinib attacks the masses. Die cancer die!

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay!! So glad you've started! And good thing you're at work to distract you on dy 1! Wheeeeeee!!!!
    Have you ever seen that Family Guy where Stewie shrinks down and flys into Peter so he can attack his sperm? (It's a good one) - Well, that's kinda how I picture the Regornafinib.... not so much Ninja's anymore... but more like little Stewie Griffin's shooting at the cancer: PEW PEW PEW!!! Die Cancer Die! PEW PEW PEW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the low heart rate wont be a problem for you
    Thats crazy low.
    Praying you do well on the new meds
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete