Sunday, September 25, 2011

Too much of a good thing

Four cheese and veggie stuffed pasta shells
Spicy Moroccan chick pea and sweet potato stew
Sundried tomato, fresh basil and bocconcini pizza with olive oil infused crust
Oatmeal muffins with chocolate chips and sliced almonds
Middle Eastern flatbread brushed with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, baked and served with coffee

Oh, I've been having fun creating delectable dishes in the kitchen. It's given me great pleasure this weekend. I've been able to work around the blisters and focus my attention to enjoyable, creative and delectable pursuits. Michael's happy because he loves to eat. I love to eat too. But now it's causing me some severe problems.

I guess two doses of the Domperindone a day aren't sufficient because the food I've been lovingly preparing and enjoying is now stuck in my gut, causing great discomfort. I haven't been able to eliminate since Friday and that's becoming a huge problem. I popped an extra action-inducing pill this afternoon because I suspected a blockage, but despite lots of optimistic cramping, no luck so far.

When this happens (and it happened before), the food finds its way out. Last time it was up, via vomiting. This time, I'm hoping I was quick enough with the Domperindone and I'll get a nice bowel movement soon. (Yes, I'm actually talking BMs on my blog tonight.)

Of course, the Domperindone may start to work too well and then, I'll have to bring a magazine to help pass the time.

But did I stop eating when I suspected I was starting to back up? No. That would have been smart. But when it comes to food lately, my willpower hasn't stood a chance. So here I sit, uncomfortable and full.

This balance thing is hard.

On the bright side, I'm still not getting a drop of ascities from my pigtail. The fluid has all dried up. Go Regorafinib! When I visit the doc on Tuesday, we'll be able to talk about getting it removed. Hopefully, that will happen very soon (and be relatively pain-free).

The blisters are more manageable too. While they, and the rashes, are still there, they're much smaller and less painful. The cream Dr. H recommended (or in combination with the other ones I've been using) helped. Walking is easier and my hand function is better.

Tomorrow, I take my last dose of Regorafinib before a week off. When I see Dr. H on Tuesday, I'm sure he'll examine the blood work carefully to ensure the med isn't causing any problems. I do know my blood pressure is higher than normal, but I'm not sure if it's in the "concerning" range. I know what the Regorafiib is doing to me on the outside, Tuesday will paint a better picture about what's happening inside my body.

Until then, I'm wishing for a few successful trips to the bathroom. Oh, the little things that make one happy.

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are eating good
    But yep....Not being able to go potty is the pits.
    Hope you get some answers Tues...Oh the poem you just posted is cute ..lol
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. My solution: Metamucil. I love that stuff.
    And ENJOY THE FOOD WHILE YOU CAN!!!! I'm so glad to hear of you enjoying eating!!! Remember those times you couldn't even enjoy chocolate, or coffee?!!? Those were bad days. Even though you may be bunged-up, please remind yourself that IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pills never helped me much. Can you try Milk of Magnesia and lots of water? That always helped me with my chemo induced constipation... Good luck - I remember that awful feeling :/

    ReplyDelete