Monday, September 26, 2011

I could cry

My impulse for tears stems not only from the cramping and my lack of bowel movements, but from the milky, orange fluid that started oozing out of my drainage tube this morning. After five days of zero output, I have almost 200 mL accumulated already today.

It means the port can't come out. No hot tub in my near future. No unencumbered showers or dips in the pool. It means being connected and sore.

The only bright light I can glean (and I'm not even sure if this could be true or whether my hopeful imagination is trying to make the best of this bad news), is perhaps one of those fluid-filled cysts in my abdomen burst and this fluid is flowing from it.

I guess, like the poop, the fluid is better coming out than staying in. But it's just so darn dissapointing.

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Tina,
    Loved your poem, you had me laughing :)!
    But now this bad news :(
    I hope you get some answers from the doctor tomorrow.
    Good luck and let us know, you know we all worry about you.
    Take care,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get a good explanation tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you're channelling your inner Shrek.... "better out than in I always say".
    Sorry for the disappointment, but I think the logic behind your bright light might be exactly right. What else could orange, milky fluid be?
    Hopefully your favourite doctor can shed some light on the subject and you'll feel a whole lot better by the end of the day!

    Hugs to you my dear!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never wanted anyone to poop so badly. I'm sending you all my poop vibes today.

    ReplyDelete