Monday, June 11, 2012

24 hours earlier

I called first thing this morning to see about getting my paracentesis performed earlier than Wednesday. My bloating is extremely uncomfortable and some days, I'm having a hard time keeping fluids down, let alone food.

After waiting a couple hours for the phone call, I learned the best the cancer clinic can do is tomorrow morning. Looking on the bright side, that's 24 hours earlier to feel relief from this intense bloating. So I'll take it. Hopefully the interventional radiologist will be able to get a whole bunch of fluid to make its way out of my abdomen so I can feel better and more comfortable. Having the ability to enjoy food would be an added bonus.

On the weekend, I managed to find some relief in the big blow-up pool we have in our back yard. It felt nice to have the water support the weight of the fluid for a while and the cooling waters was an antidote to the warm weather.

Overall, though I feel tired. I'm sure it's my body fighting the cancer, responding to the chemo and protesting from carrying around all the extra weight from the fluid. I'm sure I'm also still feeling some depression, despite the little white pills I pop every night before I crawl into bed. As a result, naps are still my go-to move, even though the weather is nice. It's hard to enjoy the weather when you're feeling rather low.

But I'll do the best I can and hopefully after tomorrow, I'll be a new(er) woman (not putting too much pressure on the paracentesis, am I?)

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping by now you are having the fluid removed and feeling much better. It's hard to enjoy the weather when your body isn't cooperating. Maybe today it will all come together for you and the from here on out everything will bring smiles and better health :)

    Prayers for you always,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete