Saturday, June 9, 2012

Roly poly

Yesterday was a bad day. I couldn't seem to drag myself out of bed and I spent practically the whole day there thinking, texting or sleeping. It's been a rough few days, exacerbated by some personal stuff that's been happening in my life. So I'm sinking even deeper into the basement of post-chemo side effects.

I'm hoping today will be better but because of the ascities, I'm now throwing up a single cup of coffee. When the clinic called me yesterday to tell me about my appointment for draining next Wednesday, I should have said, "That's too far away. My body isn't keeping anything down."

I will call on Monday to see if I can get an earlier appointment, but the chances are probably slim. I could go to Emergency (and will if it gets too bad), but the chances of getting a butcher with the needle increase significantly if I don't go through interventional radiology. So I'll manage the best I can, drink Boost and Ensure, and sip away at my water with hopes I'll stay hydrated. That may be the reason I have to go to Emerg in the end, dehydration.

I'm so tired of being sick. Last weekend it was low red blood cells, this week it was post-chemo side effects and now it's my roly, poly fluid-filled ascities belly. I'm near the breaking point again. Can't I just get some relief?

Your tired friend,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment