Thursday, June 7, 2012

Down, down, down

I suspect today is the day I'll start heading to the basement. It's the typical procedure, and I'll spend the day trying to read, thinking, sleeping and laying around. I know it's a waste of a beautiful day, but it's how I cope. Today, tomorrow and part of Saturday will be my bad days this week because of the switch to chemo Monday instead of chemo Friday.
Luckily, I have the support of my family who allows me the time and space I need to cope. I also have a lot swirling around in my mind these days, which doesn't help the depression situation any better. But I'll do what I have to do and get through this.

I haven't heard from Dr. W's office yet about a change in plan of attack so I assume we're going with the three week schedule (until I hear otherwise). I also haven't received a phone call about my paracentesis (fluid draining) process. Hopefully today I'll hear from both of them so I can move forward.

Two steps forward, one step back. That's the way it feels these days. But hopefully, those forward steps will get me to I want and need to be - remission.

Wish me luck over the next few days. I have a feeling I'm going to need it.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you tina and sending healing thoughts your way for a weekend filled with more light and sunshine than darkness and clouds. Julie M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you and sending you sunny and cancer-fighting thoughts...

    ReplyDelete