Thursday, June 28, 2012

On the road

With the ascities building, the vomiting happening on an almost daily basis, my general slower pace and talk about Palliative Care, Michael and I have had conversations that maybe I'm on the road to the end. It may be a long, windy road full of wonderful surprises along the way, but it may be shorter than we want or hope. That's the bitch of this disease.

I still haven't seen the official report from my CT scan. Has the disease spread anywhere new and undesirable? I want to know how much the disease has shrunk. I want to know Dr W's opinion about where we go after the chemo holiday and how long he expects it to potentially be.

But it's scary being on the road to the end. Michael says he sees me dying a little bit every day, and as a result he dies a little bit every day too. He's noticed changes in me over the last month or so. I'm slower, I react less quickly, my eyes look different, I talk slower. Is it the disease causing these other symptoms or the residue from the cancer. It's hard to tell but it's also hard to take.

I've always been a go-getter, let's get her done kind of girl and now I can't do that. I can't even type as fast on my blackberry or my keyboard. I make more mistakes. It's as though I'm moving in slow motion while the world around me continues at it's usual (quick) pace.

I'm on the road, but let's hope this road has lots of ups on it and goes on for miles and miles.

Tina

3 comments:

  1. I hope to be reading for a long long time.((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, hope to be reading your blog for a long time. Maybe
    Palliative Care would be a good idea. they can answer a lot of your questions and help you get more quality out of your life. They really helped me when my mom had cancer, and also when my cousin had it - they were very informative about what to expect, and how to make the patient feel better. They have seen it all and can share their knowledge. I just pray for you to get better, feel better, and enjoy life to the fullest. I am trying to do that for myself, because no one is promised another day and life is entirely too short.
    Hugs and prayers
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you

    ReplyDelete