Monday, June 4, 2012

Ironically, just as I start to feel perkier from the blood transfusion, I'm going to get a big dose of chemotherapy to knock me back on my butt. Today is chemo day, and while I'm more energetic and less weak, I'm still tired. Perhaps it was all the excitement from the weekend.

It was Michael's high school reunion, and while he did most of the activities with a friend who arrived from British Columbia, I did go to the dance on Saturday night. It was a lot of talking and not much dancing because the entertainment was provided with a big-band type of band. Not exactly what you remember from high school when you went there in the late 70s and early 80s.

I also didn't sleep well this weekend, so I have a hangover feeling about me (despite not allowing a drop of the alcoholic stuff to pass my lips). Luckily, I'll most likely get a bed for chemo today and I may be able to doze a bit during treatment.

I'm reluctant to get chemo again because I'm feeling better, but I'm also anxiously anticipating it because I'm hoping it will calm down the ascities that's filling my belly and causing me to throw up. Not a great set of circumstances. If the chemo doesn't relieve the problem, I'll have to phone and schedule paracentesis, the belly draining procedure.

So it's going to be a long day in the chemo suite; approximately six hours from start to finish. But Michael's coming with me and naps will help fill the time. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment