Thursday, May 31, 2012

Only one answer

Now I know why I feel so tired, shaky and weak (basically like crap), my hemoglobin is only 76. Normal is between 120 and 140. That's bad enough they scheduled me for a blood transfusion tomorrow. I'll get two units of donated blood (hopefully from someone with really high hemoglobin) over three hours. That should perk me up.

As for the rest of the answers, I don't have them because Dr. W is at a conference until mid next week. Dr. S said I may have to go back to the weekly chemo schedule to combat the ascities. That would suck, but if it's what I've got to do to beat back this beast called cancer, it's what I've got to do. 

So transfusion tomorrow and chemo on Monday. Michael's high school reunion this weekend. Maybe the blood will boost my energy levels enough I can actually dance a little bit tomorrow night. No promises (because right now I couldn't dance if my life depended on it), but we'll see.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Good Lord, Tina, you are dealing with so much. And on top of the transfusion today and chemo on Monday, a high school reunion in between! I hope you do feel like dancing a bit (or a lot) after your transfusion. Good luck with all of it.

    ReplyDelete