Thursday, May 31, 2012

Appointment day

It's appointment day. Time to ask what the heck is going on and figure out what I need to do about it. I'm so disappointed the ascities has returned with my new treatment schedule. I really want to stay on the once-every-three-weeks timetable. But I don't think I'll be able to if it means I bloat up every three weeks.

I don't know what that means. I don't know my options. I guess I'll find out today.

What really confuses me is that my CA-125 is 60 (yay!) but I've got a build up of ascities. That doesn't make sense to me. Unfortunately, the fluid is pressing on my stomach, preventing eating and causing vomiting again.

I'm also really tired all the time. Do I have low blood counts or are my vitamin levels off? I may need to ask Dr. W to run some tests. I should feel better during week three after chemo.

I have my next chemo on Monday instead of Friday because Michael's high school reunion is this weekend and I want to be able to go to that. So I bumped the timetable a little bit.

So I'll provide all the information, ask all the questions and see what plan my doc recommends. I'm nervous about the appointment. But I have to face the music and figure out what's going on.

Tina

1 comment: