Friday, May 4, 2012

Myrtle Beach

I am in Myrtle Beach with my sister, feeling better than I have in a long time. It's amazing really that I feel as well as I do considering how crappy I felt just two days ago. But I started to really improve yesterday and I today I feel almost normal.

I am sitting on our balcony, listening to the waves as they race towards the shore and admiring the pink and purple hue of the clouds. The sea birds are shrilly calling, looking for food and the lights just came on to illuminate the pier next to our resort.

I still don't have much of an appetite and I have a touch of the cold Michael's had for over a week, but those are minor inconveniences. The wonderful thing is I can expect to feel stronger and better with each passing day, so I will be able to enjoy this long weekend away. (I was so anxious about this vacation and my ability to participate in it that I was in tears earlier this week.)

We're taking each day as it comes and probably won't do anything strenuous - a little shopping, lounging on the beach and by the pool, reading, dining on local delicacies, people watching, etc. We may even take a drive and see a little more of the area. Who knows. It's a casual type of vacation, which is what makes it so great.

From the warm winds of Myrtle Beach,
Tina

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy .... Soak up the sun.. and the healing powers of a change of scenery and people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just what you both need, the prayers worked, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like gazing out at the water to restore and renew one's soul. Enjoy basking, gazing, relaxing or whatever you choose to do. So glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete