Sunday, May 6, 2012

MB day 3

I'm taking each day as it comes. Yesterday was a great day for me physically. Angie and I spent the day by the pool, reading books and getting some natural vitamin D. Don't worry, I used some good sunscreen and spent at least half the time under the shade of the unbrella we staked out early.

It was a beautifully hot day and we had to take a dip in the pool every once in a while to cool off. It was the first time I was able to go swimming since last July and it felt glorious to feel the cool water caress my body as I breaststroked my way across the pool. Aaaaah, I love this port. And the incision sites are healing up nicely.

Last night we had the opportunity to see the bigger moon as it rose over the ocean. Apparently, the lunar orb was in such a position the full moon was supposed to look larger than usual. I didn't notice that it looked any bigger, but it was round and orange as it first rose over the cascading waves. It looked beautiful.

Then at about 9 p.m., we had a spectacular show of lightening and thunder with a heavy downpour. The cloudy weather continued into this morning and so we did a bit of shopping. But my stamina was sadly lacking today and I had to return to the hotel room for a nap. Unfortunately, I flew miles from home only to need to nap in the room during vacation. Sigh. Angie headed down to the pool for some of the spotty sunshine while I caught some zzzzzz. I felt much better after my nap and we picked up some Italian and dined in our room.

So long story short, I'm better and doing okay but not quite up to snuff. I tire easily and I'm popping cold medication to keep the sinus congestion at bay. The cold and its subsequent medication may also be contributing to the run down feelings. But compared to a week ago, I feel so much better.

So I take the good and bad feelings, and work with what I'm given. It's the best I can do. I need to enjoy what I can from this vacation because it's my week off from chemo and I need to build up my mental and physical stamina for when I head back to London and return to treatment (but I'm not going to think about that now).

From slightly overcast Myrtle Beach,

Tina



1 comment:

  1. Glad you got a chance to experience the vacation even though you didn't have as much energy as you'd have liked.

    ReplyDelete