Friday, May 25, 2012

The nap

Soft sheets, a fluffy pillow and a quiet room. Those are the ingredients for a good nap. Oh, and a mind that will shut down and let my body drift off into slumberland. Sometimes these factors combine perfectly and I get some much-needed shut eye and other times I toss and turn, with no rejeuvenating sleep reward.

I've become a big fan of the nap. Mostly because I need them so desperately, at least at the present time. If I don't get some rest in the middle of the day, I'm dragging my butt by about 4 p.m. and, yawning and nodding off by around 7 p.m. It's quite pathetic.

I never used to nap. In fact, when I worked midnights and had to sleep during the day, I was never a fan. I felt (and still do to a certain degree) that I'm wasting the sunshine hours, which are the best, of the day. I feel like I'm ducking out of life.

But I need the sleep. My body needs to heal and slumber is the best way to do it. So I've lovingly adopted the nap, with its soft blankies and cool pillows as my necessary friend.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. MMMmmmmmmm NAPS!!!! I want one now. I've been thinking about getting one of those really big dog beds to put under my desk so I can midday nap. It's getting to hot to nap in my car anymore.

    ReplyDelete