Monday, May 14, 2012

A resounding success

It was an over-the-top successful year for The Run for Ovarian Cancer. The event, which took place yesterday, raised over $180,000, bringing the 10-year total for the event to over $1 million raised for ovarian cancer research right here in London.

Team Tina - of whom I'm so proud - was over 49 members strong. The team raised over $10,000 online and I heard that we reached a much higher number than that with donations brought in yesterday. I'm so thrilled and honoured by all the wonderful support Team Tina provides to me. They're my village. The adage says, it takes a village to raise a child, but I also think it takes my village to fight ovarian cancer. It's a challenging and sometimes lonely fight, but knowing I have the support of all these amazing people make it a little easier.

I loved the hugs yesterday. I loved seeing everyone who came out to run, walk, take photos or cheer. The weather even cleared so we didn't get rained on but experienced perfect running weather; just a little cool and overcast. But then the sun came out to help celebrate the remainder of Mother's Day.

A big thank you to everyone who supported the run. I'm externally grateful. You're all amazing and I am lucky to have you in my life.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment