Tuesday, July 3, 2012

From poop to soup

Well, bad news. I most likely won't be going home today. I started throwing up again last night. Dinner came out in a torrential outburst about 9:30 last night after I suffered through some severe cramping. The prune juice, 1/2 muffin and 1/2 coffee that comprised my breakfast also made it's way back up this morning. When the doc came in and asked, "How ya doing?" my reply was, "Not good."

So after initially being told I was going to have another x-ray, I ended up having a CT scan. I had to drink a bunch of that Tang flavoured radioactive juice (not so pleasant on a queasy tummy) and get three or four scans done in the CT suite. Now, I'm back in my room.

I managed to slurp up the broccoli soup I ordered as part of my lunch, but I couldn't face the ginger beef stir fry. I'm trying to be careful and cautious so I don't see my food again. That's not pleasant. I'm also trying to see what I can tolerate.

I strongly encouraged a poop out of my body last night and experienced a bit of diarrhea this morning. But with the vomiting, I don't want to be going anywhere. I want them to figure this out before they ship me home. I'd rather be here where they can run tests and provide answers than lay moaning in my bed wondering what's up.

So here I sit, waiting to see how my body tolerates my soup and waiting for more poop.

I guess there are worse places to be on a semi-rainy Tuesday morning.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Hoping your feeling better and have answers to your medical questions.

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete