Monday, July 2, 2012

Praying for poop

If I poop today and poop tomorrow, I can go home tomorrow. So far no luck. The doc prescribed some strong laxatives (one tasted like chalk - Milk of Magnesia). My thought was no food, no poop. So I asked about going on a regular diet and I got real food for lunch. I had this really good vegetable soup and some chicken pasta stew, which was quite tasty too. Now I wait.

I feel pretty good; better than I have in days. So I'm in the right place. I'm on broad spectrum antibiotics (just in case), antacids, steroids and a motility drug to keep things moving and saline by IV. I also get a shot for the nausea. Then there's the laxatives, my usual antidepressant and the lorazepam by pill. I'm well hydrated and well medicated.

So we'll see how my lunch sits with me. I've had lots of visitors and expect more today. I also have my iPad, computer, cell phone, a book and a couple of crossword puzzles, so I'm not bored. And I may even go for a walk today (helps with the motility too) and enjoy the hot day.

According to my doc, my x-rays showed my bowel was constricted and then it righted itself. No known reason why (I don't think he knows).

Strangely enough, I'm not that worked up that I'm here. I wasn't feeling well and what better place to be than at the hospital where they can deal with your symptoms. If something goes wrong and I start vomiting again, they can run more tests and check me out more thoroughly.

But I am praying for poop. If you can't stop laughing, perhaps you could say a little prayer with me too.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment