Monday, September 13, 2010

Fun and food

This weekend took a lot of energy, but the end result was worth it. I had tonnes of fun - and that's important.

The weekend started well, with a really good massage on Friday afternoon. It worked out some kinks in my back and neck. I think I could have a massage every other day and still have tight muscles, but going every month makes a bit of difference (and it's what the benefit plan and bank account can afford).

On Saturday, the Bratscher family hit the Western Fair. We hadn't gone in several years so it seemed brand new. The kids spent most of the day on the rides while Michael and I browsed through some of the hundreds of displays. We ate fair food, including a delicious elephant ear and a candy apple.

It was better than I anticipated and I lasted longer than I thought I would. But after seven hours walking around, my feet were throbbing and my energy stores were low.

So yesterday, I took it at little easier. Michael and I went to the Delta Armouries' fabulous brunch with its breakfast foods, waffle/pancake/french toast station (with about eight different toppings and real whipped cream), omelette bar, pasta bar, carving station, salad bar and, my favourite, the dessert bar with decadent cakes and chocolate covered strawberries. Yum.

We were so stuffed, we didn't eat for the rest of the day. In fact, we had to go for a walk in the afternoon to work off some of the food. Oh, it was bad and oh so good.

But it's now Monday. Michael is back at work and the kids are settling into school for the day. The day lays before me with promise because I don't have any firm plans until tonight, when I meet my cancer survivor group for dinner. I think I'll fill it with a few chores and some relaxation outside. Sounds like a good combination to me, as I mentally coax my red blood cells into rising for my appointment on Wednesday.

It looks as though summer is trying to hold on, hope you enjoy it.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment