Friday, December 10, 2010

Santa Claus is coming

I'm making a list, and checking it twice. I know darn well who's been naughty and nice.

I feel a bit anxious today. I am NOT ready for Christmas and there aren't that many days left before the jolly man in the red suit starts his journey. To be honest, I haven't felt very festive. Nor have I had a lot of extra energy. Many a day, I've sat in my chair and said, "tomorrow." Well, damn, there aren't that many tomorrows left.

That's why I'm making the list. The one that will tell me exactly where I need to go to pick up my last minute gifts. I also need to sit down with Michael and go over the spreadsheet listing the gifts I've already purchased. To be honest, I'm a big fan of amazon.ca this year. With some searching and a few clicks of a mouse, I place an order. A few days later, it shows up at my door.

I hate that I've left so much for the last minute. I never do that. I hate crowds and crazy parking lots. I abhor the folks who stand in the middle of the aisles browsing or worse, chatting. When I do my Chrismas shopping, I'm on a mission and get out of my way. That's why I usually have everything wrapped up by early December.

And speaking of wrapping, I have that to do too. Ack!

I keep hearing this little voice inside my head telling me to calm down. It reminds me there are two full weeks left until Christmas Eve and so much can be accomplished once I set my mind to it.

That's why I'm making the list, checking it twice . . .

Tina

3 comments:

  1. I only just started, too. But that is how I do it now. I hate the stress and expectation of Christmas regarding gifts so we now keep it oh, so simple. The kids get some things (but far, far less than most kids would get). For family we make things and put them in pretty baskets -- home made preserves, homemade candles, chocolate bark, some thrift store Christmas cups with hot chocolate...maybe $8 a basket and they are beautiful. The kids do a lot of the items now. We no longer exchange gifts with our siblings or their children, although we have a long telly conversation with them on Christmas Day. My Dad and his wife give us a thrift store gift. Sometimes it's very funny which makes it really good. This has been the way of it for a decade now and I like it a lot. I don't do malls and I rarely order online. I'm sitting here feeling relatively relaxed and THERE'S ONLY 15 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!! (Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,
    We got a taste of big city life shopping this past weekend in London. It seems that with all the snow that was received in the city, everyone and their dog was at either Costco or the mall this past weekend. The one thing that drives me crazy, more than any other pet peeve I have, are the idiotic, inconsiderate people who stand in the middle of the aisle, with their buggy laden with Christmas stuff TEXTING to whoever seems to be important and that very moment. GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! GO DOWN A SIDE AISLE!! THINK OF OTHERS BESIDES YOURSELF!! GRRRRRRR... I thought I would seriously punch someone in the throat this past weekend. Christmas,, isn't it a wonderful time? No more London for me,,, probably not even Sarnia, I think I'll hit Bayfield and head to the quaint little shops where life is a little more laid back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. on a side note,,
    The Grinch who stole Christmas is on tonight...
    HURRAY!!! MY FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete