Monday, February 14, 2011

The buzz of the alarm clock

I'm slowly getting the hang of this working thing. Three days a week, I get up to the buzz of the alarm clock instead of my own circadian rhythm and bustle about my house getting lunches packed, my kids up and myself showered. Gone are the days of yoga pants and a sweatshirt. I have think about what I'm going to wear and dig out my professional attire.(As a result, I've learned I don't have enough pairs of black dress socks. But that's another issue altogether.)

My first full work week, I wanted to collapse in exhaustion. Last week, I did well, managing to work, take the bus home and do a few chores around the house. Of course, the hours in my work day bump up by one this week (three days, four hours a day) and the kids have activities and appointments three of the five days.

In addition, I'm trying to exercise at least three days a week. Expending energy exercising will make me stronger and create more energy. But it's still tough some days to convince myself to move my body. Last week, I had to hop on the treadmill as soon as I got home from work, before I talked myself out of it.

I have permission from my disability co-ordinator to once again secure the services of a personal trainer. I've got T lined up again, but I'm afraid to start scheduling appointments since I know she's going  to be tough in her attempts to kick my butt back in shape. Yikes! I have every confidence I'll know when the time is right.

I'm getting better at listening to my body, and as long as I pay attention I should be okay. For now, I'm taking it one day at a time.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Tina, One day at at time, that's what we all have to do. Sometimes I hate hearing that, but it's all any of us can really do. Keep listening to your body. (Oh, I hate those darn alarm clocks too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you are listening to your body AT LAST!!!!!!!
    Sounds like Susie Mc Neil is an amazing person and I am sure she was just as impressed with you girl, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete