Friday, February 11, 2011

It's a beautiful day

It's an unforgetable sunrise
Let it shine
Let it shine through your eyes

It's a beautiful day
Don't you throw it away
Come on
Are you ready
Get ready
Jump in your car and forget who you are
Come on
Are you ready
Get ready
Don't get left behind
Let's go

These lyrics, by Suzie McNeil in her song Let's Go, describe how I feel today. It's a beautiful day - even if it's cold, cloudy and a bit icy - because we're alive to make the most of it.

Suzie's on my mind today because I get to go see her concert tomorrow night in Collingwood. I'm so excited. Michael and I will make a day of the excursion, go out for dinner and then go see Suzie.

I'm trying to be positive, even though I got discouraging news yesterday. One of my fellow ovarian cancer blogging buddies is in bad shape. As a result, I've been fluctuating between despair and prayer for Pateeta, and thankfulness for my blessings. She'd want those who love her to take advantage of every single day and each sunrise. That's why I'm honing in on the positive.

It's a beautiful day, don't throw it away.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this :-) It's so important to remember not to waste a moment. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, Sorry about your friend. It's hard to do all that fluctuating with emotions. You're doing the right thing, embracing the day. Have a great time tomorrow and enjoy that concer!

    ReplyDelete