Thursday, April 21, 2011

Knock me over with a feather

On Monday morning, I blogged I couldn't keep up with my running group and I wasn't going to try. But, at lunch I made my way down to the gym with two of my running buddies and hopped on the treadmill. I went into the exercise saying I'd do my best but not expecting much.

Well, lo and behold, didn't I run five-minute intervals. In fact, I did an extra 1-1/2 minutes to encourage one of my fellow runners to finish. Then, after a bit of a break, I did a couple 30 second fast runs (just like they make the contestants do on The Biggest Loser).

Hunh.

Then I went to the gym yesterday and did it again!

Hunh.

I know I can run faster and easier on the treadmill. Having my music and the TV to distract me also helps. But I was absolutely convinced I couldn't do it. Yet, it was far easier than I thought it would be. Go figure. I have to do one more run over the weekend, and I'll see how it goes.

Next week brings seven minute intervals. Again, it scares me to make a two-minute jump, but the least I can do is go into it with an open mind. I may surprise myself again.

I may get the hang of this running thing after all.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. YES!!! Seee!! I KNEW IT!!! Wheeee!!!! Yeah for starting to almost kind of maybe think about liking running!!!

    ReplyDelete