Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two-year cancer-versary

It's been two years since I heard the news changed my life.

Twenty-four months since I started the tango with the nasty beast that is trying to kill me.

Two years since I started really taking of note of who and what is really important to me. It gave me permission to say no and look after me. It made me treasure hugs, laughter and the colour of the sky.

That terrible day two years ago opened my eyes to the craziness of the medical system and the beauty of the world. It made me fearful of the disease's return and yet thankful for every day. It made me realize today is my life and it deserves living.

Two years ago, my life changed. So now I hope I have 30 more years to live out the good changes my diagnosis did to me.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Tina, Today marks the beginning of a whole series of cancerversaries for me. It's been one year since cancer invaded my life, so I understand your feelings. Like you, I found out I was BRCA positive shortly after and things went crazy after that. But, here we are, still standing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I intend that you are celebrating years and years of what you learned and can continue to share your bright light with those who appreciate you...

    ReplyDelete