Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oooh baby, pass the coffee

I suspect today will be a caffeine-fuelled day. A busy Monday, a late evening and an overactive brain resulted in too few hours of sleep. As many of those close to me know, I need at least six hours of shut eye (ideally seven or eight) or I don't function well.

I was on the go from the moment I left the house yesterday morning. After a busy day at work, we shuttled Noah to an appointment with the social worker and then home again. Then Michael and I hit the John Labatt Centre to enjoy Jackson Browne's concert last night. Michael requested the tickets for his birthday, and last night was the very enjoyable show.

But the event meant we didn't even climb into bed until 11:30 p.m. But despite the late hour, my mind didn't shut down and jumped from thought to thought.

The lack of lorazepam may have contributed to this delimma. I stopped taking this mind-calming medication after last Tuesday's good-news appointment. I need to learn to sleep on my own again. But I sure could have used it last night to quiet my thoughts and still my mind. As it was, I saw the other side of 12:30 a.m. and woke several times in the night. When the alarm shrilled at 6 a.m., I groaned in displeasure.

I know many people function perfectly well on little sleep, but I'm not one of them! Luckily (or unluckily?), I have plenty to keep my mind occupied at work and several meetings today. With the activity and perhaps some reviving coffee, I'll make it through the day.

Tired Tina

1 comment:

  1. Tina, A good night's sleep, what's that? All I can say is thank goodness for coffee. Wish we could share a cup sometime. Hope you make it through your day and then get some great sleep!

    ReplyDelete