Friday, February 12, 2010

All the wonderful things

It's Friday.

It's the Friday before a long weekend!

It's payday.

My eyelashes are growing back (again).

My coffee is hot and sweet with a touch of vanilla.

I enjoyed lunch with a friend yesterday.

Michael is getting medical tests on a timely basis.

It's only one week until my mom's surgery when she can finally start the process of getting rid of that damn cancer.

The days are getting longer.

I only have one meeting today.

I'm wearing comfortable underwear (tee hee).


There are many, many things to be thankful for today. I'm reminding myself (and you too) that we have to notice the good in life every single day. Even when life gets crazy or hard, we all have something for which to be thankful.

Over the past few days, I've been very busy at work. It's busier than I'd like - especially with my new post-cancer attitude - but I know it's just a blip on an otherwise sane situation. The chaos caught up with me yesterday evening when I closed my eyes and leaned back on the headrest in the car on my way home. Michael wondered what was wrong. "Just tired," was my reply.

Don't get me wrong, I love the feeling of productivity. I love being involved in projects again. I love being wanted and/or needed. But I notice the frenetic pace more these days. I'm not sure if it's a result of post-cancer tiredness, the weather, lack of conditioning or my new attitude. Regardless, I don't have to keep it up because I only have one meeting today, I can spend time working at my computer and I can adopt a bit slower pace, which agrees with me more.

Putting on the brakes also allows me to notice the sweet little aspects of life, like those listed above. It's a lesson I learned during my cancer journey and one I don't want to forget, regardless of how busy normal life gets. There's another blessing - I'm living a normal life. Yee haw!

So on this cold Friday before the long weekend, take a few minutes to remember what makes your life worth living. Otherwise, what's the point.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment