Friday, February 19, 2010

Spare a prayer?

Today is the day. Mom goes under the scalpel this morning at 11 a.m. (an hour earlier than originally scheduled).

I talked to her last night and she was in remarkable good spirits all things considered. She said the fasting hasn't been too bad because she's been filling up on liquids. I guess broth and jello CAN sustain a body - at least for a couple of days.

Of course, she did say she'd love a nice, big, gooey chocolate bar. When I pressed her for what kinds, she gave me a list of half a dozen or so, but then said, "I don't know that I've ever turned down any kind of chocolate bar." A woman after my own heart, even though I'm a bit more selective because of my dislike of the chocolate and fruit combination.

I'd appreciate any prayers or some good vibes for my mom today. Dr. C will remove that nasty cancer and take a good look around. I've got my finger's crossed the cancer is contained in the ureter. Positive vibes, positive thoughts, positive outcome!

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Positive thoughts to your mom. All will be fine. Our Prayers with your Mom and your Family.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete