Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Let's dance!

I danced out of the cancer clinic this afternoon because my cancer is NOT back! I feel a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. When I got the news, I hugged Michael and cried.

I'm so excited because I can plan my life again. I was sure the cancer was back and was just waiting for the boom to drop. I was even afraid to book a hair appointment, because what was the point if I was going to lose my hair because of chemotherapy again. But I booked that appointment and I'm planning my life.

All those twinges, cramping and pain must be my new "normal." As Dr. W said, that's every cancer survivor's delimma - how to figure out the new normal versus signs of the disease's return.

Now, I still have shadowy sections in my CT scan. I have a 10 mm lesion near the dome of my liver - but I had that before I had my cancer surgery. Dr. P didn't remove it then, so I doubt it's cancer. I also have a "stable mesenteric lesion measuring 2 x 1.6 cm anteriorly, which is just below the stomach." They saw it in October and it's now smaller. So who knows.

The CT report says these two remaining lesions (on the liver and below the stomach) may represent some burnt out residual disease and no new lesions have developed. (I like the word burnt out - die cancer die.) Okay, I can live with lesions in my body, as long as they either stay exactly the same size or shrink.

It's funny how much I like the word unremarkable. My gallbladder, spleen, adrenals, kidneys, pancreas, aorta and GI tract are unremarkable. Yippee!

So, my bloating is from eating too much, eating the wrong stuff, too much beer, stress or a virus. Oh well, so I'm squishy and fat. I don't have cancer again! I can work on my weight issues. But then again, maybe not too hard, because I'm going to enjoy life. Let's enjoy life together.

I felt the love and prayers today. Thank you.

Dance with me my friends for the news is good.

Tina

6 comments:

  1. HIP HIP HORAAY Great news Tina. Just had a feeling I should check out the news.
    What color, for you hair that is.
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations Tina. we are so happy for you. It must be an exciting time in your family. You must feel now that you can conquer anything. Stay well and enjoy your health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Tina! I'm dancing with/for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! Not that I doubted it, I knew you had it beat, but it is nice to be validated! Dance, dance, dance, dance the night away!!!! You will have to make a trip to Indiana sometime to CELEBRATE!!!!!!!
    Woooohooooo!
    Love you!
    Margie
    PS. Wishing much love to your mom for the same outcome post Feb 19. Love you, Aunt Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great News! I´m right sitting at work and I couldn´t await till I´m home to read the news. Hip Hip Hurrah. Lets Dance! Wooooohooo!

    ReplyDelete