Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy happy happy

As he lays sleeping down the hall on this rainy Saturday morning, I think about my husband, my best friend and the father of my children. It's his birthday, his 48th, and I want it to be a good one.

The coffee is brewed, a cinnamon coffee cake is in the oven and blackberries with yogurt are prepared. A special little breakfast to give him a glimpse of how special he is.

Later today, we'll visit our friends in Port Franks (aka the spa). We'll dine, drink, laugh and play cards. We'll relax and enjoy each other's company. And we'll have carrot birthday cake with cream cheese icing.

But nothing could show the extent of my love for Michael. He's walked beside me for almost 19 years - through the wonderful times and the crappy experiences. I love him more than when I married him.

So my wish for his birthday goes beyond all the tangible gifts I could give him. I wish him a less worrisome year. I hope he has less stress. I pray his back heals and gets strong (and no other physical ailments plague him). Mostly I wish him lots of happy experiences and memories through travel, excursions and friends.

But mostly, I hope he feels loved every single day.

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Tina, This is so sweet. I hope you both enjoyed yourselves as you celebrated your hubby's birthday. Those of us blessed with caring spouses have much to be grateful for. Having someone to share the good and the not so good is a blessing for sure. Thanks for sharing about your man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm new to your blog. I hope you two had a great time.

    Best,
    Hua
    healthcentral.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could he not feel loved?! I hope he reads this. Actions only speak louder than words for people who aren't as gifted in writing as you are ;-) Hope you had a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, happy birthday to your husband. Mine is also my best friend and couldn't imagine my days without him, so this post made me smile. It sounds like you made your husband's day just perfect.

    ReplyDelete