Saturday, March 12, 2011

Love now

The Time Is Now

If you are ever going to love me,
Love me now, while I can know
The sweet and tender feelings
...Which from true affection flow.

Love me now
While I am living.
Do not wait until I'm gone
And then have it chiseled in marble,
Sweet words on ice-cold stone.

If you have tender thoughts of me,
Please tell me now.
If you wait until I am sleeping,
Never to awaken,
There will be death between us
And I won't hear you then.

So, if you love me, even a little bit,
Let me know it while I am living
So I can treasure it, and take it with me.

~Author unknown

My blogger friend and fellow ovarian cancer warrior, Pateeta, posted has this beautiful poem on her invitation to a party this weekend. Tomorrow she's having a fiesta as a celebration of life, early birthday and living wake. She wants to eat, drink, dance and laugh with her family and friends. I think it's a wonderful idea.

While I'm honoured I got an invitation, I don't think I'll be able to make it to Phoenix, Arizona by tomorrow afternoon to join the celebration. So instead I just send warm wishes and lots of prayers Patty's way.

The poem above reminds us all to tell those we care about exactly how we feel - before it's too late. Events, accidents, natural disasters (prayers to all those in Japan) and disease will separate us from the ones we love. No one knows when their time will come, so the time is now to say, "I love you."

With lots of love to all my blog followers,
Tina

1 comment: