Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Home!

By 12:30 this afternoon, I was in my own home. It looked so big and felt a little strange. It reminded me of times when I've returned from a vacation where I'd made a hotel room or mobile home base for a week or two. I always appreciate my humble abode so much more. That's especially true this time, when I lived in a hospital room for almost two weeks.

The first thing I did was hop in my bed for a 1-1/2 hour nap. I slept soundly and didn't move for the entire nap time. Sleep is very rejeuvenating and absolutely necessary for the healing process so naps will probably be part of my routine for the next while.

It was awesome to greet my children when they got home from school. I got big hugs and smiles. Tonight, the Bratschers will spend some time together as a family, doing something normal. We'll nosh on pizza, watch a little TV and probably head to bed early.

Remember, just because I'm not in the hospital any more, doesn't mean visitors aren't welcome at my house.

It's good to be home.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you Tina! I teared up when I read about the kids big smiles, that's awesome :). I will pop in for a visit soon. We pray for you daily. God bless!

    ReplyDelete