Thursday, October 13, 2011

My own bed

Last night, I sat on my own couch, holding my husband's hand, and watched a movie with my family.

I slept in my own comfortable bed, and my back and shoulders are thanking me for it this morning. No one came in my room throughout the night to change an IV bag or check my blood sugar.

I wasn't awakened at 5 a.m. by a nurse who needed to empty my drains and check my blood pressure, pulse and oxygen levels. Nor did the doctors congregate around my bed this morning to discuss my case in five minutes flat.

I'm able to sit in my own office and write my blog this morning, instead of from a not-so-comfortable hospital bed.

I get to see my kids and help them get ready for school.

It's good to be home.

Tina

2 comments:

  1. That saying "Life is good" takes on a whole new meaning Tina. Take good care of yourself.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina I have been so sick from my first chemo I havent been online for almost 2 weeks...
    I just read thru your posts from when you've been so sick.
    I am so glad you are home and got to sleep in your own bed.
    You've really had a hard time...Hope better days are coming now.
    (((hugs)))

    Debbi
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete