Thursday, October 6, 2011

Three goals

I woke up this morning and envisioned the accomplishment of three goals:

  1. My PICC line inserted.
  2. Move to a private room with a window.
  3. Get outside.
By 9:30 a.m., the first goal was accomplished. Yes, I got my PICC line! I'm so thrilled because now I can get everything done through that one port. No more sticks. I can get nutrition. They can draw blood. My poor, bruised arms can heal.

My blood work last night revealed my potassium, magnesium and phosphorous were all really low. So they had to infuse those into me via IV last night. I'll now get them in the liquid nutrition, which should also suppress my appetite. My tummy is growling this morning in protest of no food for so long.

My catheter just came out too. Another little step to freedom and normalcy.

Last I heard, my chance of moving to a private room with a view was looking okay too. A man was waiting to see if he was being discharged. If he goes, I move.

And since the medical stuff happened already, I should be able to get outside today and enjoy a bit of sunshine. So Thursday is looking pretty good so far and I'm thankful.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment