Monday, December 12, 2011

Blood Friday = Energetic Sunday

I whipped up French toast for breakfast, completed some Christmas shopping, wiped up the bathroom, baked some banana bread (with my beautiful daughter), scrubbed the kitchen sinks and stove, perused cookbooks and created a Christmas baking list, and picked up various items around the house. All before the London Knights' game aired at 2 p.m.

Yesterday, energetic Tina was back. The benefits from the blood transfusion on Friday finally hit, and I stopped dragging my butt around the house. While my speed isn't up to typical pace, I'm not hobbling along like I'm 80 years old. (That's never good when you get in crowds who are Christmas shopping and are racing along the aisles. For the record, I get so aggravated with those people and now I'm one! Sheesh.)

I didn't even feel the overwhelming urge for a nap yesterday. During the past week or so, I've often hit a point when exhaustion made me at least lay back and close my eyes; even if I couldn't sleep. This is a refreshing change.

I know it's not going to last, but I'm going to enjoy the extra energy while I can. I get chemotherapy on Thursday, which will knock me backwards physically. But I need the cancer-killing chemical cocktail because the ascities is starting to be a big, round, uncomfortable problem again. I look five months pregnant with my distended and rolly belly. We need to release the ninjas to divert the tumours from making this annoying fluid.

So, I'm going to enjoy the coming three days, accomplish as much as I can to prepare for Christmas, squeeze in some social time, and stock up on the much-needed liquids and other supplies I'll need for my next round of chemotherapy. Then I can roll up my sleeve on Thursday afternoon knowing I can concentrate on getting through whatever side effects the next dose doles out. Since the treatment regime changed, I have no idea what to expect, but I'll just take it one day at a time.

Here's to enjoying the next three days.
Tina

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! So glad you're feeling better! (even if it will be short-lived) WHOOP-WHOOP For Christmas treats!

    ReplyDelete