Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Celebrate life

Every once in a while, I'll remember those months I spent fighting cancer. Small incidents trigger these memories.

I'll need a haircut and remember those months I spent bald. I'll drink water and recall when water tasted skunky and how I shuddered at the thought of drinking from a metal water bottle. I'll do some cleaning or cooking around the house and the memories will emerge of how those simple tasks seemed like too much effort.

Often, I recall the good that emerged from my experience. I'll be reminded of all the help and support shown to me by my friends (and even strangers) during those dark months and marvel at the kindness of others. I still can't believe all the wonderful tasks people did for me and my family during our time of need.

I remember regularly all those meals, prayers, cards, flowers, gifts and good vibes sent my way. I look at the walls of my home and remember those who rolled up their sleeves to paint my house while I underwent cancer-removing surgery. And I'm so thankful for it all. I have good people in my life.

To celebrate the joy of life - and the way you all contributed to helping me fight for mine - I'm hosting a potluck party on June 26 at the London Life recreation grounds. More details will follow at a later date but I wanted to share the invitation now so you could mark it on your calendars.

Life is wonderful, come celebrate it with me.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. We sure have a lot to celebrate. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete